- Click “Register” to receive important updates about the ConnectNYC Fiber Access program.
- Review the Resources page to learn about the ConnectNYC Fiber Access program and find out how your business can benefit. You can also book a 30 minute complimentary fiber consultation from Streeter Technologies to further assess your company's need.
- Talk to your landlord about the ConnectNYC Fiber Access program and the required Point of Entry Agreement.
- Confirm you have read and agreed to the Official Rules and submit your application by completing the online application form.
- You will be contacted within 30 days of your submission to confirm your eligibility for the program.
- Once your application has been reviewed for eligibility, NYCEDC will share your contact information with participating ISP(s) and a panel will review and approve the applications based on the potential impact of fiber on your business and the feasibility of fiber construction to your building. Applicants will be notified of their approval status once the review is completed.
- If your application is approved, at least one ISP serving your geographic area will contact you within 60 days to survey your business and negotiate a service agreement. Service agreements negotiated through ConnectNYC exclude construction fees typically amortized over the life of the contract.
- You must sign a service contract for at least one year with a participating ISP in order to qualify for construction of free fiber optic wiring.
* The program covers the cost of construction only. Applicants are responsible for monthly service fees at negotiated market rates.
About The Program
Are you are a growing business that depends on secure and reliable high-speed internet for downloading and uploading content as part of your daily business operations? If so, you might be eligible for free construction of fiber optic cable to your business through the ConnectNYC Fiber Access program.
ConnectNYC provides free construction and installation of a dedicated fiber optic cable directly to your office space. Participating companies must sign a minimum of a one-year contract for internet service at market rates with one of our participating Internet Service Providers to receive free construction. Eligible businesses must have an office location in NYC, have fewer than 500 employees, and explain in their application the potential impact of dedicated fiber optic cable on their business activities.
Up to $14 Million in fiber construction cost coverage is available. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis until March 12, 2014 or until the available allocated construction funds are exhausted. Submit early!